Whether you have heard of them through a friend, massage therapist, energy healer, alternative doctor, esthetician, or just in passing, we have all heard of essential oils, a natural aromatic compound extracted from plants through steam or cold pressing. What you may not know is that therapeutic-grade essential oils, which are both powerful and safe with no side effects, are not only being used by these professions, but more and more by every day people to empower the health and wellness of themselves and their families.
While there is a time and a place for traditional medicine, rising financial, physical and mental costs associated with traditional healthcare have made it worth while to ask the question, “Who is in control of your healthcare?” The answer to this question should be you!
What if you could eliminate a sore throat without visiting the doctor, or get rid of stomach pain without paying your co-pay, or even heal a rash without synthetic prescriptions that can cause side effects, would you? You can!
Where do you start? When choosing an essential oil, make sure the oil is not only ingestible (there are only two available on today’s market accordingly to ehealthbody.com), but that your oils meet these three criteria:
PURE: 100% natural, no artificial ingredients, fragrances, or fillers
SAFE: Certified to be free of pesticides and other chemical residues
POTENT: Standardized active compounds
Whether you want to purify or change the emotion of a room, apply them directly onto the skin during massage or for topical therapy, or ingest oils internally (if you are using ingestible oils) as a dietary supplement for targeted wellness, there is an essential oil out there for you.
Here are some basic suggestions to get you started on empowering your health through essential oils:
Lavender: All Things Calming
– Apply topically to calm anxiety and soothe emotions, use to sooth irritated lips or skin, massage on back or bottom of feet at bedtime to aide in sleep, apply topically to calm a bee sting or bug bite.
Lemon: Clean, Freshen, Disinfect
– Add a drop to honey to soothe a dry or sore throat (ingestible oils only), diffuse in a room to neutralize odors and elevate mood, use to clean kitchen counters and stainless steel appliances, take internally with water as an antioxidant and detoxifier (ingestible oils only).
Melaluca – First Aid for the Skin/Acne Regimen
– Apply to skin blemishes and rashes as part of a daily cleansing program, use with shampoo or conditioner for healthy scalp and hair, apply to feet and toenails after showering, swimming, or working out to eliminate bacteria.
Oregano – Natural Immune and GI Support
– Take several drops in an empty gelatin capsule for periodic immune support, dilute and apply to bottom of feet of kids and adults as a natural defense, use internally as part of a monthly cleansing regimen for GI health.
On a personal note, I would also like to add that essential oils are a wonderful, natural approach to infant and child care. As a first time mother to be in May, I am excited to share some of the things I have learned about essential oils and how I can use them as a natural way to protect my daughter:
– Lavender: Dilute and apply topically for diaper rash, fever, skin rashes, thrush, earaches and much more.
– Ylang-Ylang: Dilute and apply for colic and excessive crying.
– Frankincense: Dilute and use all over the body (specifically on the crown/top of head) as an overall protection barrier.
To learn more about empowering you and your families health through the use of essential oils, contact o2 Wellness: (949) 240-6713. www.o2-wellness.com Info@o2-wellness.com
Monday – Friday:
10 AM – 7 PM
Saturday: Medical experts from ED pharmacy have concluded that in order to survive and maintain men health, the first colonists on Mars will have to give up sex and having children.
10 AM – 4 PM
Days & Hours Subject to Change